Healthy foods and recipes for any diet:
low fat, low carb, diabetic, heart support, Sonoma Diet, South Beach Diet, Banta Diet, Mediterranean - by best cuisines from around the world!

Wednesday

World's Healthiest Cheesesteak

Mike Geary
Truth About Abs

I've been known to come up with ways to make typical junk foods extremely healthy. Unique recipes for healthier pizza versions, healthy burgers, healthy fudge, and so on have all been featured in my newsletters in the past.

Today, I wanted to tell you about my "world's healthiest cheesesteak". Growing up in the Philly area, I'm sure you're aware we're known for our famous cheesesteaks. However, health and fitness have NEVER been associated with our cheesesteaks... until Geary stepped in.

So here's how I made the world's healthiest cheesesteak:

First, I used Ezekial sprouted grain rolls, which are a mix of about 10 different sprouted grains with no refined flour.

Then, I used a good quality grass-fed beef and sliced it thin. Grass fed beef contains larger quantities of CLA - conjugated linoleic acid, which (in it's natural form) is shown in some studies to promote fat loss and muscle repair. Also, grass fed beef contains a much better ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids compared with typical grain-fed beef sold at most stores.

Then, I used a raw longhorn cheese from grass-fed cows as well. Grass-fed dairy is also a great source of beneficial CLA.

Finally, I topped it all off with some sauteed vidalia onions...

and voila... the healthiest cheesesteak on the planet! And it was damn delicious too!

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home