Healthy foods and recipes for any diet:
low fat, low carb, diabetic, heart support, Sonoma Diet, South Beach Diet, Banta Diet, Mediterranean - by best cuisines from around the world!

Thursday

Meat. It does a body good!

Jon Benson
Creator

Fit over 40


Part 2 Continues from Meat. It does a body good.

Making Meat Work For You

Some people can eat a lot of meat, like myself, and stay lean and healthy.
If this is your style of eating, you must make sure to balance out the Omega 3and 6 ratios.

Try to get grass-fed beef whenever possible.
Always go for the free-range chicken as well.
The closer you can get to game meat, the better.
Unless you have issues with gout. If so, avoid
game meat and limit red meat.

I had gout and eat red meat all the time. My
meat consumption has increased if anything
and I am freee of gout completely. I have been
for some time.

It is always better to err on the side of caution
however, so be sure to check with your doc.

Also be sure to take plenty of fish or krill oil.
I prefer krill oil. I consume up to 2 grams per
day. Fish oil is very effective and healthy at
2-6 grams per day.

Mini-Meat

Others should consider using meat only as a
way to flavor their foods. Just a few ounces here
and there is enough to do the trick.

I too experimented with a nutrition plan that
was almost devoid of meat for several years.
I detail it in my book.

In short, I found that using beef for flavoring only
once or twice per week and relying on fish and
eggs, plus whey protein, made my nutrition plan
effective and tasty.

My body eventually went back to its original
pattern of wanting more meat and far less carbs.
I listened, and I am glad I did. But not everyone
is like me. Many of you will be healthier using
a balanced approach like my former plan.

"What If I Am A Vegetarian?"

Vegetarians who consume milk, fish and eggs
have an easier time in getting whole proteins.

If you do not, you should look into supplementing
with at least one 20-gram protein shake per day
made from a very high-quality soy source.

Hemp is also good protein.

Since there are a dozen vegetarians in Fit Over
40, I will refer you to my book for more details
on how they get their protein needs met --

Fit over 40


Also, if you are vegan or vegetarian, be sure you
are taking in sufficient fat. Your body requires
between twenty and thirty percent fat to maintain
hormone and skin health.

Finally, I highly suggest you consume actual
vegetables. Most vegetarians are really more
"starchitarians." They eat more starch than any
other food, including vegetables.

That is unhealthy for most people. Some can do
okay on a plan like that, but I think it is common
sense to say "eat more vegetables than starch."

That goes for you meat-eaters too!

Sincerely,

Jon Benson
Creator, Fit over 40


P.S. What makes Fit over 40 so powerful is the
fact that so many different plans are covered.

Vegan. Vegetarian. Meat-eaters. Men. Women.
Everyone is profiled. And the plans that really
works are covered.

It is not enough to just be a vegetarian, vegan
or high-protein man or woman if you want to
be truly healthy.

You must combine whatever nutrition plan you
enjoy the most with the correct form of exercise
and cardio work.

Too much is bad. Too little is worse. The answer
is in balance.

Go see --

Fit over 40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home